From tonight's game, I see a realm taking shape: The Rust Gate.
Some of the things that came up in the memories were:
- A city-state that has diplomatic relations with an apparently quite civilized Troll-state which has a President, a Minister of Rhetoric, and a Minister of Defense
- The city-state is ruled by an unscrupulous King and a treacherous court
- Relations between the court of the city-state and the Troll-state include intermarriage
- The city-state is infamous for its deadly fanged Rust Portcullis, which has at least once been used by the realm to kill peasant refugees fleeing disorder in the countryside
- Peasants who have been terrorized by a plague of zombies
- A King with a Necromancer-Concubine
- A King with a set of keys to most locked places and spaces within the city-state (e.g., the dry and deafening House of the Stolen Waterfalls)
- A strange form of elemental magic which uses "metallic air"
- Courtiers and lovers who have been murdered by being trapped within coagulated metallic air
All-in-all, this has the makings of a rather treacherous, grim place and is very consistent with our Janus-Faced prophesy for 2013.
Next time, we'll put these memory fragments together with some Fortune Cards and give the realm more shape.