|Core dice mechanic for Blade & Crown|
Image by Rachel Kronick
Blade & Crown was inspired by Harn. Some of the key features of the game are that it:
If you live in the Twin Cities, Minnesota, you'll have an opportunity to play Blade & Crown at Con of the North 2013. We also play demos locally from time to time at The Source Comics & Games. Please drop me a line if you'd like to check it out!
- Emulates a realistic medieval society
- Offers players in a detailed human-centric fantasy world in which to play (but you can readily use the real medieval world with this game too);
- Takes a very realistic, simulationist approach to combat;
- Has a very robust skills system;
- Balances simulationist grittiness with a narrativist resource management system called Traits that allows player-defined character attributes to make a difference at critical moments in play
I've played in Blade & Crown games for several years as Rachel and now another player in our gaming group have GM'd it . My current PC is named Stabber. That's just his nickname. You don't want to know his real name: he'd have to kill you.